The weekend of 8/23-8/26 we (Denise, Cassie, Colton, Danette, Danelle, Matt, Dustin, Cassie, Jack, Marilyn, Ted, Eloise, Jason, Natalie, and Anna) all went to Seaside, OR and stayed together in a beach house. The weather was great, and we enjoyed the beach, sunsets and several themed activities in the house as well.
Thursday we started at the beach by burying Nell. She complained of some itchingness, but we just told her to sit still so we could bury her. When she emerged she was bleeding from bite marks, from the sand crabs! Sorry Nell!
Friday we enjoyed a morning at the beach. Later that day we prepared for dinner by smearing baby powder on our faces, and applying just the right amount of red lipstick for the Geisha look, just in time for our Asian themed dinner. We rounded off the night with Root Beer hats and Root Beer floats.
Saturday we started the day with a Sandcastle Contest. Each family was in charge of their own sandcastle. We then gave ribbons for the participants. Award recipients were:
Special Achievement - Colton Cook
Cheerleader Award - Natalie Loeffler
The Artist Award - Anna Loeffler
Singing Star Award - Cassie Cook
After the award ceremony we used our waterballoon launchers to launch waterballoons at the sandcastles destroying them. We did hit eachother every now and then too.
Saturday was Italian day. We got red scarves and mustaches, and made our won pizzas! Dessert was o-natural and we had dirt pies, complete with worms!
Later mom endulged in a 60's cover band's concert at the prominade until midnight!
Sunday we mostly hung out around the house. We had breakfast burritos and then headed outside for a piniata!
I seriously thought dad was having a heart attack as hard as he was laughing! See the pics below.
We rounded out the day with some flautas and mexican rice.
I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a fun trip. Thanks to all family members who were present and participated in our crazy days!
Danette
1 comments:
WOW, This is great. I will be glad to use this and to see how others use it.
Dad's "Laughing Attack" is funny. I think, in the case of the pinta, that he likes to get a little, fun, revenge.
Weird was Danelle's bites on the legs...?
I am glad that all had a good time.
Post a Comment