So we have just returned home from a day trip to Waterville, WA to do a little bit of family history. First, I have to thank Dustin and Cassie for getting us geared up for Geneology. Although I have only been doing in for a few days it truly has changed my life-- and I'm not being dramatic!
We entered the Museum today in search of Grandpa's family members. It didn't take us long! The front reception pulled out an envelope with Obituaries from a few of Grandpa's reletives. We then found the "Family Poster".
This is the family poster without Grandpa in front of it. It was really cool to see all the different kinds of posters for all of the different families.
The lady in this picture is Arminda Burgess. Sorry about the glare from the plastic cover.
Below are some miscellaneous exhibits that they had at the museum.
We left the Museum and headed to an old farm of a family friend who purchased an old school house (For $1) that one of our ancestors taught in back in the early 1900's. The owner turned it into a barn and added on, however you can see in the picture that everything painted white was the old school house.
This is the outside of the barn complete with the original windows. Well they're mostly just window panes now, but you know what I mean. You can also see where the old chalk boards used to be.
The most amazing part of the journey was when Denise found this:
It is an origianl Teaching Aid from 1916. (I'll let her tell the rest of the story.)
Here are some other cool things that were on the farm:
Above is an original buggy that in its prime was pulled by horses to/from town.
Notice that the license plate on the bottom right is from 1889!
This truck is a 1954. New tires, never driven practically new truck!
Well, I am glad that we had this opportunity and thanks to the rest of the family who came!
0 comments:
Post a Comment