Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

Wow, sometimes when you think something is almost impossible prayers are answered and you are smack dab in the middle of a miracle. That is how I feel at this very moment!

Matt and I have enjoyed every second spent with the new additions to our family. They have accepted us and have opened their hearts to us sooner than I ever thought they would.

We know that this blessing was made possible in part to all of your love and support -- prayers, fasts and even tears. Thank you all so much for helping us make our dreams come true. We really couldn't have done it without you!

Now we really can't raise them without you! They loved playing at Aunt Cookie's house today and man am I grateful for Cassie and her willingness to watch Jay so Denise and I could go shopping for kiddie stuff with Jess. Cass you're the bomb.com! And they both were fast asleep tonight in their new beds.

We look forward to you all meeting your new neices and nephews and having even more grandkids and cousins to play with! This will help make the holidays that much more special for us all!

Much Love,
The Thomas Family

7 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

We Love Them Already!

Cook Family said...

I like being Aunt Cookie! No niece/nephew will EVER forget my name! (If they do, I'll change it to a never-fail "Aunt McDonalds")

Cook Family said...

I have to say what a great Mom you are already, Danette! You're so calm and relaxed, not afraid to correct behavior (on rare occassion), but most of all you are still your fun Super-Nett self! How do you do it? I know, you're just a natural...we all knew you'd be. :)

Darin said...

WOW, I think your words are right on... about waking up in the middle of a miracle. I have to say am a little out of the loop... Is this permanent? I thought it was temporary. Never the less I think its great and I am happy for you and your family!

*Danette said...

Ahh, thanks you are all too kind. And I think Aunt McDonalds is too long! ;o)

Yes, right now it is temporary -- we are their legal guardians, however they may become eligible for us to adopt in the future.

We just don't know how/when that could happen.

Jack said...

Well, I'm going to be over tonight to smooch these beautiful babies. We are so excited to add to our numbers of grandchildren and fill our house with more laughter and love. This is what you have wanted for so long and now you will have all the wonderful challenges of parenthood. Love you so much....MOM

Jack said...

Darin, did you see the pics on Danette's blog? They are gorgeous!