Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We're Moving!

To Canada!

Danette

5 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

We already bought a place in Mexico!

Darin said...

It is a very sad day for me, to say the least! I am very concerned that so many of our fellow American's voted for a government that will make there personal lives easier and did not vote to make our country stronger. They voted for a government that will define class instead of praise unity and citizenship.
It will be so important over the next few years for all of us to be advocates for independence and self-determination. That we and all those around us understand "WE the people" have the power and responsibility to create a better life for not only ourselves but, everyone. It is the governments roll to allow us this blessing.
From the Constitution of the United States, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.". So say it again that we can, "...secure the Blessings of Liberty ..."

Cook Family said...

While I like each of your sentiments, I think I have to go with Dustin and Cassie.

After Obama's win was announced a prominant aftican-american commentator, Tavis Smiley, said on national ABC tv news that Obama was the next Dr. King and that Dr. King was the greatest american who ever lived. Then he said that our constitution is a pro-slavery document so were our founding fathers.

Those comments were said not 30-seconds of this man being on my tv and minutes after the election. That's the kind of government we have now.

Viva Mexico! (No, Dad, not really.)

PS - has anyone checked on Mom? I've called her for 2 days and she won't talk on the phone. I told my Cassie she's probably huddled on the floor in the corner of her room, rocking back and forth. I'll drive over to SAVE MOM!!!!!

Jack said...

Okay, already! It's mom...Yes, it was a hard day at work but I was pleasantly surprised more than I knew were voting against Obama. I did go to file room alone (no one there)and tears did trickle a little because it was so sad for our military especially! It just hurt and I ask Heavenly Father AGAIN, "why didn't you stop this". This is the thought that came to me and is giving me a lot of comfort..."Marilyn, how can we expose his ways if we don't allow him to try them. People would have never given another President an opportunity thinking Obama could have done better. Let them truly see his agenda and weaknesses. I will be there but you need to be also." I love the Lord so much and even when times seem at their lowest we need to remember He has a plan...and it's always better than ours. I've heard so many talk today about rebuilding a new party and one addressing some things that will resinate with the young and bring new conservatives to us with strength and resolve to stand up for our values and not be ambarrassed to say, "I am a Conservative". I love all of you and thanks for voting and letting your voice be heard....but let's get Arbogast loud in helping to support those stepping up and out to rebuild our party! MOM

Darin said...

I might be taking this to far but, I cannot stop considering the issues at hand.
I am reading a great book right now by Laura Ingraham called “Power to the People” (I would highly recommend to anyone) here is a little of what she as written:

“Lord Acton wrote that liberty is not “ the power to do what we like, but the right of being able to do what we ought”.”

…” The guardsman of liberty was always morality, informed by religious practice.”

And Finally from Samuel Adams, she writes, “A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader… If virtue and knowledge are diffused among the people, they will never be enslaved. This will be their great security.”

I couldn't help to think of what it says over and over again in the Book of Mormon but, wanted to share this single verse, Alma 46:10 - Yea, we see that Amalickiah, because he was a man of cunning device and a man of many flattering words, that he led away the hearts of many people to do wickedly; yea, and to seek to destroy the church of God, and to destroy the foundation of liberty which God had granted unto them, or which blessing God had sent upon the face of the land for the righteous’ sake.
I now have a new found understanding of the necessity for missionary work and understand its purpose even more. Liberty is a blessing from God, for being virtuous.
Please remember Pres. Monson's desire for all of us to prayer for the opening of new missions around the world.