One Sunday afternoon on our way home from church the kids were fighting in the backseat of the van when we passed an old farmhouse for sale that had an "Open House" sign in the yard. Paul & I looked at each other and said let's ditch the kids at home and go. So, we did and went to the open house. The realtor almost immediately told us about an orphaned kitten that had been left in back barn alone with no food or water and he didn't know how long it had been there. Of course, Cassie has rubbed off on us and Mom immediately asked to go to the barn. Once inside, in the middle of the concrete floor was this tiny, still, ball of fur - not moving even as we approached. I knew I couldn't see the poor little dead thing when Paul reached out and picked it up. It gave a little "meow" and Paul and I bolted for the van and sped for home and our kitten-shelter-supplies. We felt like we could be on a TV show which could be called "Rescue Kitten 911".
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Inspired to Break the Sabbath
Posted by Cook Family at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment