Monday, March 9, 2009

Makin' the Snow Look Fun!!

Well family… it was midterm last week and I decided I needed to share the semester so far with you… Here goes…

My friends have this fascination with how much I can stick in my mouth so one night we wanted to see if I could stick a nutty bar in my mouth without breaking it length wise… I did it!! it was whole for at least 3 seconds!
One weekend my roommate Becky and I decided to go visit an old roommate, Libby in Elko, Nevada. We missed her since she graduated. We drove down the four and a half hours and surprised her at 4:30 in the morning! She was SUPER shocked but it was good to see her!! This is us at some canyon…
Then we decided to go 4 wheeling… yes I am wearing shorts and look ridiculous, BUT it was awesome! They only thing I don’t have on here is the after shot… when we got back to the house after riding my hoodie was frozen! It got wet from the mud and what not and from driving and the wind it froze! Still fun though!
As ambassadors we have a retreat every semester. We go up to this cabin the school uses by the Tetons. It is BEAUTIFUL up there! This is the ride up there…


This is Tiana, Me and Nikki


The snow was at LEAST 3 feet deep so we decided to fall in it… it was fun falling not getting out...


Here is Becky, Tiana and I in our Ambassador shirts.

Next was Superbowl Sunday. We had a party at my place here is just a couple pics of some friends and I waiting for the 3-D commercials that we never saw…

Here is a picture from the Rodeo we went to… I officially want to ride a bull before I die.


Here is a fire we had. It was cold outside but at the same time that’s why we had a fire! This is my car ride…


We had my FAVORITE fire dessert… banana boats!


Our ward had a cannery assignment and no one signed up and since I have an amazing calling I get blessed to go… but really I ended up having a BLAST!! This is the other R.S. President Sam and I


This is our AWESOME 1st counselor in the bishopric, Brother Huntsman, Janna, me and Sam. We LOVED sportin’ our hairnets!


My friend Kyle introduced me to “Pho” It is a Vietnamese dish. It is this really hot broth with rice noodles and shaved meat in it. I saw a place in Idaho Falls and Becky decided she would try it out with me. I love this picture because she was so scared!


I was scared after I saw this in mine… I still have NO clue was it was. I think I’m gonna stick to the places I know in Seattle!


I have a friend from Jamaica… now Florida though. They decided to have a “Jamaican/Presidents Day” since we had the Monday off of school. We headed out to the Sand dunes like this… The boys holding an American and Jamaican paper flag.


They ended up getting in the car because it was so cold and windy…


Why they wanted Jamaican Day was so they could make a “Bobsled” like the movie “Cool Runnings” They made a bobsled out of two paletts and some railings made of 2x2’s… I was so scared to ride the thing but it was HILARIOUS listening to them scream on the way down and watching them push it back up the HUGE hill.


Of course they all got tired of pushing/pulling it back up the hill so we played with some tubes and got in snow fights… This picture is after Chris tackled Becky and I individually and before we got him back and tackled him into a few feet of snow.


We went up to my friend Andrew cabin in Island Park the end of February to go ride some snowmobiles. But the cabins view was BEAUTIFUL!! Here is the river in the morning. We woke up and it was WAY foggy then is clears up and has all the ice still on it. Then swans started to fly by and land in it! It was AWESOME!


While we were waiting for the registration stickers Drexton and Dave decided to jump off the balcony into the DEEP snow. Here is Drexton jumping over Dave.


Well we finally got the whole thing figured out and headed out to some field with everyone. Here are some pictures out and about there.


This is me after we went down this hill penguin style… it worked out pretty good!


On the way back here is us girls on our snowmobile…


Here is Drexton and Leah, yes dragging Dave. Dave and Drexton took turns and eventually just got on another snowmobile.


Our Relief Society advisor, Sister Huntsman had her birthday the beginning of March we decided to “Heart Attack” her house. Here is her door. She LOVED it! We saw her the next day at a Ward FHE and she told EVERYONE what we did. What we didn’t know until that Monday night was that her and Brother Huntsman thought someone was trying to break in… so we saw him at the back door and he just waved and left, little did we know he had a loaded pistol waiting for us to be robbers!! So much for doing good anymore!

I decided I wanted an exercise ball… I love workin with it but one night we had a competition and of course I won on who could stay balanced on it the longest. Here are some fun shots of us. Here is Becky…

Amy…

Tiana…

Yours truly…

Tiana is a good friend I met through Student Ambassadors and we were talking about a party for her and I decided it should be a surprise party… With combined workings of 5 of us, it worked out AWESOME!! She had NO clue!! It was Fiesta theme… piñata, sombreros and everything! Me and my party hat and the “mexi tache”


The main party event was JENGA!! Thank you mom for Truth of Dare Jenga! The tower got HUGE!! Here is the tower…


There was HILARIOUS watching some of the dares but Zach in the picture had to spin around 10 times… In reality he probably spun around like 18 times! After he spun he tried to get to the kid in the green hoodie behind him in the picture… yeah he fell got up and then fell into the guys arms it was SO funny!

Well... I hope you enjoyed reading about my semester so far!

LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

*Danette said...

You were supposed to invite me to the party and let a lone a Fiesta! Those are my favorite!

I love you and miss you! Can't wait to see you!

Cook Family said...

I am going to make Cassie read your blog posts so she can understand that going to college has very little to do with an academic education. (I mean that in the best way possible!)

Keep on Rockin' Rexburg!

Big D.