Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Trip to Pirate Days

Ahoy there mateys, its summer time! Lets gather by the water under the sun!
Join us on Saturday June 27th, in Westport, it will be so much fun!

We’ll dress in our pirates’ best, we’ve even gotten pirate names
There will be fun, food, and laughs, we’ll be sure to play games

We'll start with this, on this pirate day
To see whose the best , a memory game we shall play

Here are your pirate names, you shall be called by that day
Learn them all, I'm the capt'n, you shall do as I say!

Colton: Pirate Laszlo the Engorged
Cassie: Sword Jugglin' Cynthia
Taylor: Decayin' Jan Drake
Abbie: Blind Flora Drake
Reesa: Puffy Shirt Eve
Jay: Pirate Jose the Disturbed
Jess: Pirate Rachel the Cash Strapped
Baby: Capt'n Bart Mohawk
Kenzie: Pirate Jean the Off White
Dallin: Pirate Edmund the Fruit

There'll be prizes and candy for the person who knows the most
If you can name everyone's name, you'll have a heafty treasure to boast!

Mark your calendars and practice our names , its only 2 weeks away
Check the date and let me know, will you go or will you stay?

Come one, come all, if by land or sea
Where there’s pirates, there’s treasure, if you don’t come – more for me!

I admit I'm a little rusty on my poetry skills, but its the best I could come up with.
Kenzie and Dallin, I know you probably won't be able to make it, but if we all start calling each other by our new pirate names, I didn't want you to be left out! And even though you won't be there, for extra incentive if they learn your names they can get some extra loot!

Date: Saturday, June 27th
Time: 800am meet at Danette's House to caravan, we set sail promptly at 830am

For more information on Pirate Days this year, check it out here.
This is for Cassie! = )

2 comments:

Jack said...

Sounds like fun! I did ask Darin if we could come get Dallin and Cassie is going to come with Kenzie. Dustin called this morning! So sounds like we MIGHT have all of them little pirates there. I saw a name for "baby"...is he going to be there for his birthday? Love ya, MOM

*Danette said...

No, I wrote the poem and found the names before he left. I forgot to take it out.