
July 1st Jack and I headed to Newark to start a "dream" vacation which happens to be on my personal "bucket list" of things to do before I can't! We stayed at a Best Western at the airport and took the train into New York each day from Penn Station which was an experience in itself! Danelle joined us and we had the most awesome time seeing all the scenic spots. We rode on the top of the tour bus a day and night tour so it was cool and you could see and take great pics. We had such a really GREAT time......Time Square wasn't as big as it looks on TV, Empire State Building has a beautiful view of New York and surrounding areas, Brooklyn Bridge, Coney Island, Statue of Liberty is breathtaking, ground zero was solemn and reverent, we saw a tile wall where people had decorated patriotic tiles, Central Park was this lush/green spot right in middle of the world, the Largest Store in the World Macy's, Apollo Theatre, China Town, Harlem, flagged and rode in NY taxi, and soooo much more. Danelle and I took time out to attend "Wicked" at the Gershwin Theatre. Now that was one of the most beautiful experiences we've ever had. Broadway in New York! I've heard the book was bad but this was an "event" neither of us will forget. We were "priviledged" to watch the fireworks on the Hudson River with around a million other people and it was one of the most patriotic Fourth of July's I've ever had. People brought games, food, put together singing groups, and all sorts of entertainment while waiting for the fireworks at nine thirty. Most everyone there was in a family group which was really neat to me and they were all soooo happy! We we so excited to see the Temple in Mahatten. I had such bad blisters on my feet by the time we left from walking so much but it didn't dampen my enthusiasm for New York and all we'd seen. When I bought my "I LOVE NEW YORK" shirt, I really meant it!!!!!
1 comments:
We are so glad you guys had such a good time in NYC! We love hearing all about the fun you guys have together and the memories you guys make! We love you guys!
Post a Comment