Today we had all the family from around us here for a "Thanksgiving Feast" and reminded ourselves of many of the blessings we enjoy. First of all, we gathered in a warm, cozy home and not in the open with the challenge of the elements. There was a bounty of delicious food the Lord blessed us with so that our little ones didn't have to go hungry like many around the world. Then there was the joy on the faces of those going one by one to grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins for love that they always get so freely and abundantly. I watched with appreciation as the children willingly shared their talents (Danelle cut Danette's hair). I saw contentment and confidence in each family as they shared their parenting experiences and love for their children. I pray this Thanksgiving season that all my children will know how much we love them. Dad and I pray every morning for their safety, peace in their homes and that their relationship with the Lord will be strong and enduring. We are grateful for your strengths that have moved you forward and brought joy and your struggles which have taken you closer to your Father.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
A Message of Gratitude .......
Posted by Jack at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Would have loved to have been there!
Post a Comment