Wednesday, October 6, 2010

AMAZING GRACE.....









I will only be able to share a little of the "feelings" I had at the Time Out For Women weekend in Sacramento because there are just no words in my heart to express the really deep ones. The music from "Mercy River" testified to me of the love the Savior had for me....Marilyn. Their "harmony" testified to me of the acceptance we are to have for our differences...how it really can work together for a beautiful world. Amanda Dickson, not a sister in the Gospel but a sister in love for the Savior, talked to us with such humor and conviction of our worth. Mariama Kallon saw her family massacred in Africa as a young girl and spent much of her youth fleeing from rebels until she received a "humanitarium kit" from the church, which became a treasured symbol of hope that she used to bless many lives as they fled for theirs. Her story would prompt anyone to serve a mission......Jenny Baker, a violinist who played for the National Symphony in D.C., played to our souls and made us feel thousands of miles away listening to angels. She was truly amazing....her violin and facial expressions spoke volumnes about her love for the Lord. And what do you say about Ardith Kapp???? She again shared her stories of life struggles and how holding fast to your testimony is your only "hope" for survival in the world. I always liked to get my picture with them because "I pray the closeness to such strength will rub off on me and I can gain a little of theirs in my own life." They truly all had "amazing grace" to share with all of us there seeking refuge for a few hours in their "light".

0 comments: