Sunday, September 9, 2007

60 Years Has Come And Gone ...



This weekend Mom and Dad were down here in Rexburg and we did the best we could at making sure Mom had a worthy Birthday, although she spent most of it doing stuff for her kids as she always does. Last night Cassie and I made a cake for mom and put some candles on it (we have a restriction on the amount of burning candles we can have in our apartment ... lol ... so we went with 2). We used some candies to spell the word's "OLD ENUF" to make up for the lack of 60 candles! One of Mom's old friends came by and spent the evening with her too. It wasn't anything close to what she deserved but it was what we could do for her. While she was here we picked out her gift and will send it to you soon, Momma.
It was a very enjoyable weekend and love being with Mom and Dad and hope you both know how much we love you!
Mom: The past sixty years has been years spent doing for others and not too much of others doing for you. You have been the shoulder to cry on, a friend to listen, and the strength for me. Today is the day you can sit back and say, "I have accomplished much." Remember the days of joy in your life and moments that have taken your breath away, while you are doing that have an understanding that you are loved and admired by ALL who know you. You haven't always been given all I wish I could have given you but I have tried to give all I can. I hope your birthday doesn't seem forgotten or unimportant, rather a day to reflect and be grateful for the future that is yours. "
Cassie and I love you very much and pray you know what you mean to us. We love talking with you about gospel doctrine and about your light blue prom dress after you had a late night out partying in Seaside.
You are a great example and Mother.
We Love You Always Momma!

1 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

What a wonderful surprise to find your pictures and note on our site. Your words were needed and appreciated so much! I do try hard but dont always feel like I make the grade in what I want to do for all of you. Always know I want to say and do whatever Heavenly Father prompts me to but sometimes I may not hear him clearly. You know the old hearing problem??HaHa I love you both and thanks for a relaxing (busy) weekend. I really did enjoy the movies, food and GREAT company. MOM