So, today was the big "appointment" for Derek and so Denise, Cassie, Dad and I decided we would take the girls to do something amazing.... transform into pirates!
In Westport, WA they dedicate the last weekend in June to pirates. They have cute little shops and tons of vendors open selling accesories for junior pirates. Here are a few pictures from our very fun adventure today.
Thank you Denise, Cassie and Dad for helping me with the girls and thanks Taylor and Abbie for being such good girls for your aunty. I LOVE YOU!
This is the first pirate we met. He handed out stickers and let us take a picture with him.
We then met up with a real boat Captain, a female Captain!
We then stocked up on our Pirate gear. Complete with our shiny necklaces and eye patches.
Abbie was so scary as a pirate -- but she was worried we would get too scared so she was sure to reassure us, "Its just me!" Sorry its sideways, I always forget to hold the camera the right way!
Next stop -- balloon artist for our pink swords. They were free and definitely the most favorite thing of the day. Not only did they provide the best entertainment for the girls, but for the rest of us also.
We then posed for a few more photos.
We then headed to the dock to watch the mini briggs battle. While waiting we saw several sea lions and jelly fish in the water.
They also had two tall ships. The Hawaiian Chiefton and the Miss Washington (the Washington played the role as the Interceptor in Pirates of the Carribean)
Miss Washington AKA Interceptor
The Hawaiian Chiefton
I put this sticker on Cass' booty and she didn't notice for a few minutes.
It was a great day and I am so happy we took this trip!
















3 comments:
Looks like tons of fun! Are you sure those weren't real pirates?
I want to go!!! It looked like a BLAST!! Dang school...
I'm really sorry I had to work. It looks like such fun and what memories are made of! Thank you for loving each other and being the kind of people who LOVE TO HAVE FUN!
Post a Comment