Saturday, June 28, 2008

Slumber Party!


So, last weekend we had a slumber party with Colton. Colton and Paul were here in Idaho for a family reunion and Colton decided to come and spend the night with us.

We started the night out with playing a little game cube of Mario Kart which he loved and we almost couldn't pull him away until we said that we were going out to ice cream.
We went to Artic Circle ( which Colton informed us that he really liked the name of this place) and got ice cream cones that were really big. We got a little nervous because Colton's was beginning to tilt to one side but he pulled through and didn't spill it! He later told everyone that he had a 3 foot ice cream cone!

We also got french fries and ate those once we got back home. Then we watched a movie. Cassie had to go to bed (party pooper) because she had work in the morning. We thought Colton would fall asleep during the movie but he hadn't so Dustin left him with the remote at 12:30 am and off to bed he went! Colton said that he had never stayed up past 12 and he was so excited that now he had.

The next morning he told us he went to bed at 1:16 am! I guess that is the best part about being an aunt and uncle...you get to spoil them and let them do things their parents don't let them do! (sorry Denise and Paul)

We had tons of fun with you Colton! Don't worry those scrapes on his face were not during our watch time... lol

5 comments:

Jack said...

Glad you guys had so much fun and we want one of those 3 ft. ice cream cones when we come next time! MOM/Dad

*Danette said...

I figured it was okay if I wasn't able to have my own kids just yet.... it almost seems better to be the aunt/uncle! Our nieces and nephews are pretty great!

I'm sure their greatness has to do with the amazing aunts and uncles they have... mainly me because I'm super. No offense. ;o)

Jack said...

Yes, I agree! These kids are very lucky to have such great aunt and uncles who love them soooo much! Please, realize how important you all keep each other close. AND YES, DANETTE, YOU ARE SUPER! MOM/DAD

Danelle said...

So... when to artic circle to check out these "3 ft cones" they are really HUGE!! AND under a dollar!! Now thats what I'm talking bout! :D

Cook Family said...

Yes, I am the Mom of those kids and think my kids have got the BEST aunties & uncle ever! Don't worry though, I plan to return the favor some day!