Wow! What a day! Definitely something to remember. It was quite busy with lots of different things going on so I'll break it down for you:
1) Visited me matey's house, capt'n MaryMae. (This is her with her "hook")
Mom will have to get used to the pirate jokes because she definitely looks like one. Don't worry kids, its just Grandma. She had a few cancerouse cells removed from her eyelid and one from below her eye. She is completely bandaged and has about 30 stitches. She is in good spirits and says she feels minimal pain -- thank goodness for pain killers!
2) Mariner's Game!
I know, I know, they are like the worst team in the Major League, however isn't baseball the All American favorite past time? We couldn't pass it up on 4th of July! We had GREAT seats in section 110 which is about 100 ft. to the left of Ichiro in right field. I felt like we could have a conversation he was so close (and I talk loud).

The best part for me was watching all the crazies, I mean spirited fans!
This was only one of MANY times this lady began dancing.
The best part for Matt was the garlic fries!
It didn't hurt that THEY WON! Mariners 4 - Tigers 1
3) Then I headed back to Denise's to check on Mom while Matt puttered around the yard. Mom can't see very well so it was kinda fun to say, "Oh Mom look at this!" and she'd be like "oh yeah that looks great!" "Um, mom thats Martha's butt." Just kidding we didn't do that, it was Dad's armit. ; )
This is Colton's version of "Niagra Falls"
Paul had a water fight with the kids and almost lost his pants! Thank goodness for Denise!
4) Fireworks with the Cook's. Paul is like a kid when it comes to the 4th he LOVES fireworks and had some great ones. We did sparklers and everything.
This is me using my sparklers as pom-poms and Cass and Colt are my back-up dancers.

5) Just as we were winding down for the night, I threw Cassie and Colton (well, he kinda jumped) in the pool and I followed. Yes, it was 10pm, and yes we were all fully clothed. IT WAS AWESOME!

I was laughing so hard because I told Cassie we should put our hands together to make a heart shape, so we did, just before Denise clicked the picture Colton saw what we were doing and put his hand up to ours.
It was a great weekend and I am so glad that its over, because that means that our family camping trip is less than a week away!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Happy 4th of July!
Posted by Family at 4:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you guys had fun! Totally looks like a good time. Danette your hair looks really cute in the baseball game picture. Love you guys and we will see you in like 5 days!
Mom's Hook Cracks Me Up!
Post a Comment