Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memories Remembered

The directions below cover the whole family. Feel free to pick one person or each person. You leave one for the whole family if you prefer. Be sure to right the name of the person you are remembering. Mom really wanted to play this ... Ha Ha

1. As a comment on the blog, leave one memory that you and a person in the family had together. It doesn't matter if you knew them a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about us, we'll assume you're playing the game and we'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, leave a memory anyway!

10 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

Dad: Seeing you laugh at seaside while experiencing the pinyata(sp)

Mom: Seeing you scream when you found out we were pregnant.

Denise: Dressing my wounds/tail

Darin: Friday night after the lakes game coming home and eating a hogie

Derek: Not killing me when I threw gravel at your 69' malibu

Danette: Dance Dance Revolution

Danelle: Watching you jump out of a plane!

Dustin and Cassie said...

Cassie Cook: Seeing you grow up right before my eyes!

Colty: Bein my homey and tellin me funny jokes!

Taylor: Her face when she saw Grandma's Teeth pop out!

Abbie: Her wonderful singing

*Danette said...

Mom- when we get our nails done together -- mainly because you usually pay ;o)

Dad- Definitely seeing you laugh at Seaside.

Denise- Our mullets

Paul- Brother Paul! Sorry, I know you don't like that ;o)

Cassie- When we flipped a U-y so Danelle and I could win BFD tickets.

Colt- When you smell my armpits

Darin- Eating hoagies after Lakes games - Or - ange Cru-ush!

Dallin- Your fried Christmas hams

Derek- Kick the can

Trina- just chatting about our "older" much arnrier husbands

Taylor- The "mickey rooney"

Abbie- "its just me"

Dustin- reminding Koogler to keep you safe at football games

Cassie- Your Jack'd up t-shirt

Danelle- When you got home from RNO and you were telling me and mom about your trip.... you were busy, if you know what I mean.

Dustin and Cassie said...

My favorite memory of Dallin was being with him all the time in Hawaii

Jack said...

DARIN, some of best memories with you were "talking", "orange crush miracle" (do you remember), mission call, sports awards banquet where Steve Rabel spoke, getting your Eagle.

Debbie, attending Josh Groban concert and watching you animated and having fun with us girls.

Dallin, I love to watch you "jump" from one experience to another with more zest and energy than any one child I know. Your eyes are always "searching".

Cook Family said...

Dad: When I was young and you were trying to fly a kite in Westport. You spent, like, and hour running up and down the beach so little Dustin and Danette could see a kite in the sky. Okay, Seaside and the piniata are also burned into my memory!! Oh, and you getting huge boxes of choc. chip cookie dough for Christmas from Tom and Kay.

Mom: Always being there after school to talk. For Halloween always dressing us kids up as "hobo's" which is really another way of saying homeless people but at the time it wasn't so politically incorrect. Also, the time you wore 2 different shoes to work.

Darin: All the stories I heard about how you treated the "orange crush" car after I had that car for a year at BYU and took such good care of it! I had to let a German mechanic pinch my butt everytime I saw him to keep that thing running!

Derek: Seeing you come home from the hospital in a red felt Christmas stocking. And, when you and Trina first got married and you brought the truck load of snow over to our house for the kids to play in.

Danette: All the times over all the years you've proved your awesome-auntie-ness to my kids! Also, and forever my favorite, our lengthy discussion about why your peanut butter balls didn't turn out and you insisting you used real butter. The brand of butter? "I can't believe it's not butter" brand!

Dustin: Being such a good uncle to Colton, even through the difficult years. Colton looks up to you so much. Also, watching you make a water soaked slip and slide out of a huge roll of plastic tarp off Mom and Dad's hill and go down it with C&C and Taylor.

Danelle: Watching you enjoy college student government life like I did is special. Also, I remember when you were in high school and you'd stop by the house during the day to say hi because you were skipping class! Don't worry, I didn't tell Mom!

Grandpa Burgess: The first time I heard him refer to a motorcycle as a "crotch rocket".

Cassie A: The first time we met before you and Dustin were dating when you, Dustin, and another few friends came to my house. I said to the group "we need to find Dustin a girlfriend" and the room went silent. You could hear a pin drop and I knew I was missing something....

Trina: When Dutch the Dog went missing (still a mystery) and you, Danette and I were at my house and we called the animal psychic who said she saw Dutch surrounded by "white". I think that same year you did an Easter egg hunt for your nieces/nephews at your parents house.

Debby: Definately the Josh Groban concert! (Still don't know what language he was speaking, but who cares!)

Matt: The look on your face everytime Danette and I come home from Junkyard Jerry's !!

My Paul: When we were first married and you took Danette and Dustin to a Seattle Mariner's baseball game on Bobby Ayala night and you glued fake hair goete's around your mouths to get into the game free.

Cassie: My most embarrassing moment ever when you were 2 and we were in the McDonald's bathroom. Also, telling me about driving with Danette and Danelle one night who turned down a dirt gravel road following a black van with the words "God'z Gang" on it and how scared you were when Danette had to drive in reverse to get away.

Colton: Where to begin...the time during family home evening when we I said "1 Corinthians" and you yelled "of Narnia?" Or, when out of the blue you asked me if you could have a flame-thrower.

Jack said...

Okay, now the Cook family!
Paul: Putting you on a diet and you thinking you were emaciated and I thought you looked GREAT!
Denise: Definately too many to write because you were the first child! I have to keep it funny and say wondering what you and Jen were going to look like for the next Stake dance as Star and Comet!
The excited look on your face as we drove into Rexburg and you shouted out the window....all you good looking guys..we're here! And all the phone calls that followed.
Cassie Jane: I remember all the Mondays of the first six months of your life we spent rocking, singing, talking and playing on the floor. My memories will always include the shopping sprees all of us girls go on every birthday of yours and we choose one "event" to embarrass you such as all trying on the ugliest hats and spanish prom dresses. And we have pictures to prove these adventures!
Colton: Fondest memories will always be watching you open presents at any occasion. You are always so kind to everyone and say, "Wow, this is awesome. It's one of my favorites!" You said that to every friend (7) at your last party and they all felt like their gift was special to you. I will always remember your love of books....40 everytime you go to the library! That's so awesome.

Grandma Arbogast

Jack said...

Danelle: The first memory of you is the love you had for me during labor....4 pains! You're the best! Then I think the memories are of your desire please your siblings. You love so deep and eyes were always on everything they did! I will never forget the great posters when you ran for student body president and the integrity in which you did it. I will never forget all the wonderful things you accomplished in Young Womens and the love others have for you and appreciation for the example you were to them.
MOM

Jack said...

Derek: At four years old you wouldn't wear anything to church but a suit...so I bought you a blue one. I'll never forget the pictures you drew me for the fridge...they were art for sure!
Trina: "I will never have my little girl in pink...." ring a bell! How helpful you were at Danette's wedding in Utah.
Taylor: Your love of board games and bubble baths at grandma and grandpa's house. Your gentle care of Abbie when she was born.
Abbie: Oh, definately your love of singing on any makeshift stage, the bowing, and the audience approval clap..clap..clap And have to mention the running and "chicken arm" motion.
Grandma Arbogast

Jack said...

Derek and Trina: Have to mention all the neat things you did for Cassie/Colton before you were parents. The best being gifts you'd bring them from ocean shores and THE TIME YOU BROUGHT SNOW FROM CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN IN THE BACK OF YOUR TRUCK TO HAVE A SNOW FIGHT WITH THEM BECAUSE WE HADN'T GOTTEN ANY DOWN HERE. That was so fun to watch and they were soooo happy!
Mom Arbogast