Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charity Case

So, as some of you know, Dad and I have been working on a trailer down the road. Our projects include a new hard wood floor, bead board, fixing a ceiling fan, and tearing out old kitchen cabinets and making new ones.

Now dad told me that the place was a mess but I had NO idea what I was in for...

Colton and Dad did the demolition of the kitchen so when I got there dad and I would be able to get to work on the hardwood floor in the back bedroom. I walk in and WHOA the smell was NASTY!! Just like the rest of the place. The smell was so over welming. It smelled like cat pee and dust. It still smells but the first thing we do is open windows and turn the fans on.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone...

A bedroom to the right as you come into the house. It is filled with boxes, as you can see pretty high too!
Here is one bathroom right next to the room from above. Again, filled with boxes.

Here the refrigerater... you can't tell that much but it has stuff growing in here I have NEVER seen!

Here is the kitchen...

Front door... obviously never used. Yes we moved some of the things there but originally there was more boxes there. You will see in the next couple pictures that there are a lot of boxes and magazines. The boxes are of new things that she has ordered. The magazines are things she cuts pictures out of for some reason.

Her chair is over on the right somewhere in there.

Here is a spot that dad and I moved everything off the wall so we could do the bead board. Now wanting to be a little clean I tried to clean, hence the vacuum cleaner out. But soon we realized that we were coming home with bites on our ankles... FLEAS! Yeah, we now try not to walk on the carpet. We see them on our legs and socks and we take turns trying to kill them on our legs. We have been trying different remedies to fix the problems. Best so far is lemon water dried on our legs...

I'm putting this one in for me. I always learn new things when I am working but the bead board and the fan were new for me this project. The fan was a lat minute thing the lady asked us to fix. The lady MESSED this up REAL bad! I finally fixed it and did my first electrical job by myself!!

Well hope you had fun reading this and if you have anymore flea tips, let us know!!

2 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

Being a chemist I do know a thing or to about chemicals ... I happen to have a concocktion that you can put on the carpet that might kill the fleas before they jump on your legs and clothes. Congrats on the electrical job! Do you have a perm now?

Cook Family said...

Charity never itched like this!
Denise