Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Friend's Birthday Wish ...

Our Friend Bryan's birthday was on saturaday and he wanted to go Swan Valley Falls and go swimming. It 90 degrees out and it didn't seem like the thunderstorm warnings were not going to be a factor. We went to the falls and as we got closer the weather began to get gloomy.
Bryan and I had been there once before, years ago, upon our arrival we knew there were two options of getting to the swimming inlet where you can see the falls.
Option A was to wade and climb through the running water that made the waterfall.

Option B was to climb down the cliff side.

We chose option B for the safety reasons ... I don't think there was a real clear choice as to the safest route.

The first part of the climb down was easy. It wasn't raining too hard and the ground was pretty sturdy.

We even began to see the Waterfall.


The picture below shows the trickiest part of the descend. I was going to to go down first so I could help Cassie down and her last words before I went were, " You better not fall!" Sure enough I did. From the top X to the bottom X I slid down the cliff. I looked up and Cassie was not happy. I got scrapped up and we continued on.



At one point it was easier to pick Cassie up and set her down than it would been to help her walk down. Our Motto was, " Baby on Board, Safety First


View of the falls after a death defying climb ... you tell us if you think it was worth it.
We only stayed for less time than it took for us to get down there because the climb up was now getting muddier and potentially dangerous. It went smooth and everyone survived Bryan's birthday wish.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Dustin,

Thanks for taking care of my grandchild (oh yes the Mother as well). But what are a few scratches when having fun lol.
I am glad have you are alright tho. Love both oops all three of you.
Dad Jack aka grandpa

Jack said...

I can't believe you put the mother of your child on a cliff....and then you fall down it! Looks like you had fun but glad no one was hurt badly. I have to say the falls look like they were with it! Did you swim? Cassie, look like you're feeling better...SO GLAD TO SEE THAT. MOM ARBOGAST