Well, after being with grandma a while we needed to "get outa dodge" so we headed to see Darin, Deb and Mr. D. Grandpa had been putting off driving over alone so it worked out perfect for us to all go together. Darin, was doing a project around him patio so the men could help. Little did we know it was going to POUR rain and they would have to cover the concrete after pouring it so added a lot of additional time. Notice your father has a sweatshirt on!!!!!!


Mr. D has to take me on a tour of the garden, yard, play area, and then four times around the block while he rode his bike! I was exhausted! Thankfully he's a boy and had to stop a few times to examine something on the sidewalk or talk to a friend (I took a moment to breathe).Ha
While there we also put together a United States puzzle, had a super car races, cooked (we were in charge of the squash one night and corn another), built things with "kids kinects" (favorite was the kite you see in front of Mr. D's face), and shot targets with very special nerf guns.

I'm so amazed at the "square foot garden" their family has done the last couple of years and yield of vegetable they get. They take Mr. D's wagon around the neighborhood full of vegetables to share with all that will take them. Look at Mr. D's blog and you wll see him selling his produce at a market in Cheney. He did all the "garden talk" (pitch) to the potential customers and sold $37 with in a few hours. What a great experience for a four years old!Before leaving Mr. D wanted us to see his school and meet his teacher. He loves his teacher, school and friends.
Thanks for all the yummy meals from your garden, helping with the pictures, and teaching us about the new genological program. Grandpa was so glad he went!
Thanks for all the yummy meals from your garden, helping with the pictures, and teaching us about the new genological program. Grandpa was so glad he went!
4 comments:
All I have to say is- That is the first time I have ever seen dad in a sweater and I LOVE how the hood is all tight around his face! Priceless picture! I couldn't stop laughing because I loved it soo much! - Cassie
Darin's Camo Coat - $60
Teddy's Knitted Hat - $5
Dad's 2x Zip-Up Sweater - $15
Dad wearing a sweatshirt with the hood pulled tight - Priceless
Thanks so much for your help. We had a great weekend with mom, dad, and grand-dad. I was so mad it rained... Anyways it was real fun watching mom play with little D. He really thinks of her as a friend, and they were inseparable... Look out dad he may go after your girl!
Post a Comment