Saturday, December 13, 2008

Colton's 8th Birthday Party

It's that time of year again....yes, Colton's Birthday. I have heard his parties are quite the event for boys his age, as one mother told me her son had said "Colton always has the funnest parties". (Geez, that didn't make me feel any pressure). So, this year we held a NASCAR themed party with each boy wearing his favorite racing shirt (go Kasey Kahne from Enumclaw!) and bringing his remote controled car and finally with a little help from Les Schwab (the party favor store) we were ready to party!
Colton's NASCAR themed Birthday Party Group Photo (notice all the yelling, open mouths...)

On the path next to our house we used sidewalk chalk to outline a race course. Let the races begin!

"Pit Crew" Tire Changing Challenge. Each boy "decorated" his tire using chalk - drawing flames and writing their names on the tires.

I think my favorite part of the party was near the end (no, not for obvious reasons) when I realized each boy thought they got to take home the tire they'd played with as a party favor. As each Mom drove up to the house to pick up their son, they saw the kids in the front yard rolling used tires into each other and the boys covered in black-tire smudges. Then each kid ran for their car with the tire trying to put it in the backseat. I watched each poor Mom trying to think of excuses for why they couldn't bring the tire home, but alas few succeeded as I watched one friend walk home with her son down the sidewalk with a used tire on each of her hips.





0 comments: