Today I taught the lesson in Relief Society and I based my lesson on this story called, The Devil's Auction. I started by reading the story...
The devil at one time had an auction. His tools were getting old and worn and he thought he needed a lot of new ones and he decided to have an auction.
he gathered them all together and put them out -- and there was jealousy, greed, hate and envy and all of those -- and every one was labeled. He called the people to come and bid on them. After awhile most of them had been bought, but there was on in the back that had never been put out. It was an old, disreputable looking thing but it was still a toll, and on of the buyers walked over and asked, "Why isn't this one on sale?"
And the devil said, " I will never part with that. There isn't enough money in the world to buy that. I can pry open and get inside a man's heart with that when i cannot get near him with my other tools. If i can get one little wedge of that tool in a person's consciousness, the rest is easy. I can make him do what i choose. It is badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since very few people know that it belongs to me."
When I read the story I looked up the word discourage in the dictionary and it said that it was a verb and "to deprive of courage, hope, or confidence" I went into detail about courage, hope and confidence. I closed it with talking about how we all need to have all of these elements in our lives, in our hearts. I had handed out a quote that read, "Be the type of woman that when your feet hit that floor each morning the devil says, 'Oh crap, she's up!'"
I just want to say that as I was teaching today I was reasured about how it is hard but that I could really beat Satan and that I can be that type of woman that quote talks about. I swear I plan the lessons for my girls but it always in turn helps me more. I love this Gospel and know that it is true with all my heart!!
Love you family!!
Danelle
Sunday, June 7, 2009
The Devil's Auction
Posted by Danelle at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love you so much, Danelle. You have grown so strong and become so spiritual. I know the Lord has some really special opportunities in the future for you to bless the lives of many! Thanks for sharing this special story and thoughts with me. I LOVE to spend time with you and go to "women" events like last weekend....MOM
Post a Comment