Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beach at Lake Erie......





























I wanted to buy a necklace/pendant at the gift shop while visiting the Kirtland Temple (I loved the stone in it) but couldn't justify the price. The gentleman behind the counter suggested I go down to the beach and pick up the stone myself. He said they are usually gone in the afternoon because everyone picks them up in the morning but I could try. I ask him how far and he said only about ten to fifteen minutes so off we went......we saw these gorgeous deer as we entered the park. I ran down to the beach (which seemed like the beach at the ocean) and started my venture/quest to find this gem.....I walked for about ten minutes before I spotted my first one....I was so excited! They are the most gorgeous shade of green. They are called "beach glass" and when you see them (which there aren't many so have to really watch), they look like a broken piece of a bottle. I ended up finding about eight of them and quite a few of the clear ones. Then Jack and I sat and enjoyed the sunset.....the one picture is of dad with his walking stick walking on the beach while I was hunting for glass. It was so beautiful that evening!

0 comments: