Thursday, December 4, 2008

40 YEARS LATER......

Saturday evening we were treated to a wonderful dinner with our children, my sister Kay, her husband Tom and daughter, Kristin, my father Ted Burgess all from East Wenatchee at a rustic, lodge setting at a Black Diamond Bakery/Resturant around a christmas tree and fire. We sat in a square so that we could all see each other and discuss our "trip down memory lane" with each other while eating a delicious meal.

There was a table with wedding pictures, the Logan Temple where we were sealed, 25th anniversary party, trip together in Hawaii and others. The wedding cake looked similar to the one we had forty years ago and was served after dinner. The original cake top sat majestically on top of this cake. Jack and I even fed each other a bite of cake at the end of the dinner.

In the lodge were two huge chairs which beckoned us to climb on it's seat and have our children gravel at our knees (literally) for a funny pictures. There were two huge cups/saucers and salt and pepper shakers on the table we could pretend to use. It was almost as funny to watch us climb into the chair...Ha
After dinner Jack surprised me with a beautiful "eternity" diamond necklace. It is soooo beautiful and I will wear it all the time. I gave him an engraved knife (his name on one side and wedding date on the other)/and American flag lapel pin.


My dad, sister and husband, and niece gave us a great camp stove because we had given all our camping stuff to the kids. We did several trips this summer and had such a good time we wanted to go a little more in tent trailer we'd borrowed. They were really fun, easy to setup and off the ground! Grandchildren loved it and wanted to be in it with us all the time.....
The children went together and got us a beautiful marble "Christus" which stands 19" high and is so very beautiful. I couldn't believe it! I've wanted one ever since I'd seen the one standing in the Visitors Center in Salt Lake thirty years ago. This is a gift we will treasure and will be a focal point in our home forever.
I want to thank Jack for the forty years he's shared with me. There has always been love, good times, struggles, discouragement, joy, tenderness, disappointment, fun, pain, laughter and many shared spiritual moments, and blessings. We are looking forward to some special times ahead in our "golden years" and especially to serve at least one mission for the Lord. Thanks everyone for taking the time to spend this evening with us when your schedules are so hectic and money short. This was all we wanted.....We love you all!

3 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

We sure do love you guys! Glad you liked everything!

Darin said...

Real sorry we missed the party. We are happy for the both of you and your accomplishment. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Justin and Stacey said...

Congrats on the wonderful 40 years you have had together!! how special to celebrate it with all of your family.

The girl in my Twilight picture is actually Carissa, but yes, she is one of the triplets from Tacoma and she recently asked me how I knew the Arbogasts! Isn't it such a small world?? All the way over here in Ohio, I am running into people who know so many of our friends and family.

And I have no problem with you "peeking" at our blog, because I do the same thing to yours! Happy holidays!