We could not have walked into a better situation than when we went to search for our "family" homestead at Grandview Cemetary, in Salem, Ohio. The manager of the 15,000 member cemetary had been there for thirty seven years and lived in the homestead for thirty (moved five years ago). He gave us a history of the home and stories from his own life there. It was such a peaceful BEAUTIFUL cemetary that would have made the ancestors really proud to see today. The day before (Sunday) dad and I had walked every inch of the property looking for people....today, he took us right to them. We were so EVER grateful to him and as I stood in the circle of so many of my "family" I really was overwhelmed with emotion. We had done their work, and I felt their graditude for that. Then it was on to Hope Cemetary and a few gravesites there. I don't know why they weren't buried in the family's but it is a story I want to pursue. Here are some of the gravestones......Their was a field of the purple flowers behind the house.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I can't wait to hear/read all of the information/stories that you got! (cassie)
Post a Comment