Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memorial Day Cleaning the Gravesites in Pateros......

Is always hard to visit the gravesites of all those I love so much but this view always gives me a sense of peace, too. I love performing service to those buried here because I know how hard they worked in their lives to help our family accomplish the dreams in our hearts. I feel honored to be able to help keep their plots free of weeds, excess grass overtaking their headstones, and sweeping the dirt from wind and the elements. I just feel their joy as we do this small service for them each year. I know they will thank us one day when we are all together again.

This is grandma Eloise's resting place and it looked so beautiful after we edged and cleaned it. I know her sweet spirit is not there but I could feel her presence as we lingered a while. She still loves us all very much but is whole and happy where she is. She is taking care of everyone rest asured!



Just relaxing and having some laughs with mom after cleaning up. Dad and Lois did come up later and it was hard for grandpa but Lois was gentle and sweet with him. They had visited her families' plots that morning in Cashmere. Emotional day for all!



These older graves tend to "grow grass" faster for some reason. Each year we have to scale back the grass quite a bit. It was windy and cold even though the sun was out. This is Nellie/Omar Burgess's gravesite.



This is my great grandparents Charles/Mattie Beeson on grandpa Ted's mother's side. Last year grandpa poured concrete and redid the base of this headstone so that it would stand erect. You can't even tell from original....Good job, Dad!

0 comments: